First Things First: Endowing Gilman’s Promise and People is a campaign to raise $60 million in philanthropic support over a six-year period (fiscal years 2014-2019). First Things First invites supporters to invest directly in our boys and the futures that stretch out ahead of them.
This endowment-focused campaign is purposefully structured to ensure Gilman continues to thrive and lead without resorting to unsustainably high tuition increases.
Through this campaign, we will:
- Ensure that the most promising boys in the region (and their families) feel financially supported in choosing Gilman.
- Recruit and support the outstanding teachers who are the heart of a Gilman education, put essential resources in their hands, and equip them to continue inspiring and challenging Gilman students through new offerings and methods of teaching.
- Provide Gilman boys with ahead-of-the-curve readiness to participate actively in the interconnected global community, in part by offering transformative global studies experiences.
- Create an innovative fund that will allow learning experiences to be adapted according to boys’ readiness and progress, without delaying until the next budget cycle.
- Provide recent alums, parents, grandparents, friends and others with opportunities to experience firsthand the rewards of effective philanthropy via a special emphasis on The Gilman Fund during the campaign.